Fast Track and Self-Pay Options
45-day FastTrack program!
When you are ready to change your life – you want it to happen now… and fast!
The FastTrack program means that a patient may be able to have surgery within 4-6 weeks of their decision to pursue surgical weight loss.
Patients who may qualify for the FastTrack program will generally need to meet these criteria:
- CASH PAY or FINANCE OPTION – If you are going to pay for surgery “out of pocket” or finance your procedure, we can help guide and expedite you through the process. Please see information on Flex Spending Accounts here.
- Complete preoperative workup as specified by our office (or completed elsewhere) and are determined by our office to be a viable candidate
- The qualified patient meets the criteria for surgery set forth by The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (“ASMBS”) and/or is a candidate for our “Moderate BMI, Band Study.”
- The qualified patient is one who has done significant research into their weight loss options, has tried and met limited success with other “non-surgical,” peer-monitored, weight-loss programs, and is ready to make significant and necessary lifestyle changes to “help themselves” reach their desired weight loss goals. The decision to proceed with surgery is not one that is taken lightly.
- Patients who are not qualified to pursue bariatric surgery are those who have not made significant efforts to learn about their weight loss options, have not faithfully tried “non-surgical,” peer-monitored, weight-loss programs, and those individuals who are not ready to make a committed lifestyle changes.
- The 45-day FastTrack process starts after your initial office visit.
- For those who qualify, we also will FastTrack your pre-operative, required consultations!
If you meet the above criteria and are ready to make the next step towards surgical weight loss, call or email us and we will get you started on our FastTrack program! IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU ALERT US THAT YOU WANT TO BE A “FastTrack” “CANDIDATE” WHEN YOU CONTACT OUR OFFICE!!
Patients who are excluded from the FastTrack program
- Do not meet criteria for surgery set forth by the ASMBS or our “Moderate BMI, Band Study”
- Are choosing to go through insurance for surgical coverage
- Patients requiring prolonged preoperative workups and consultations for significant co-morbid conditions.
If you don’t qualify for our FastTrack program you may still be an excellent candidate for surgery. Many patients will require a slightly longer period of time to comply with their pre-operative required consultations and finalize their required authorizations, as some insurers do require a specific duration, pre-operative, weight-reduction program.
We will help and guide you every step of the way! It is what we do!!
The general FastTrack program is streamlined but mirrors our standard workup process and includes the following steps designed to help prepare you for surgery:
- Attend an informational seminar. For information and times please place your cursor over the blue text and click The DENVER CENTER for BARIATRIC SURGERY
- Gather and provide your information and medical records
- Initial office visit
- Fulfill all requirements and testing that are needed
- Educational meetings (nutrition and psychological)
These meetings are designed to make sure that you are ready to proceed with surgery and have an adequate knowledge of the lifestyle changes that are required to be successful with your weight loss goals.
- Preoperative meeting and further education with your surgeon
For our Self Pay Pricing Forms, please select from the following: