Fast Track Programs
45-day FastTrack program!
When you are ready to change your life – you want it to happen NOW!!!
The FastTrack program means that a patient may be able to have surgery within 4-6 weeks of their decision to pursue surgical weight loss.
Patients who may qualify for the FastTrack program will generally need to meet these criteria:
- CASH PAY or FINANCE OPTION – If you are going to pay for surgery “out of pocket” or finance your procedure, we can help guide and expedite you through the process.
Of note, virtually all insurers require a 3 month (minimum) monitored program before surgery that we will organize for you. This is the limiting factor in “FastTracking” through insurance. Please let us know if special considerations should be noted that may help here.
- Complete preoperative workup as specified by our office (or completed elsewhere)—primary physician clearance, labs, pulmonary function tests, and psychiatric professional clearance. If greater than or equal to 50 years-old, cardiac stress test and MD clearance. (See “For Physicians Only” tab at the top for details of work-up.)
- The qualified patient meets the criteria for surgery set forth by The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (“ASMBS”). Required: BMI of greater than or equal to 35 (or for Banding only, BMI of greater than or equal to 30.
- The qualified patient is one who has done significant research into their weight loss options, has tried and met limited success with other “non-surgical,” peer-monitored, weight-loss programs, and is ready to make significant and necessary lifestyle changes to “help themselves” reach their desired weight loss goals. The decision to proceed with surgery is not one that is taken lightly.
- The 45-day FastTrack process starts after your initial office visit.
- For those who qualify, we also will FastTrack your pre-operative, required consultations!
If you meet the above criteria and are ready to make the next step towards surgical weight loss, call or email us and we will get you started on our FastTrack program!
Patients who are excluded from the FastTrack program
- Do not meet criteria for surgery set forth by the ASMBS.
- Are choosing to go through insurance for surgical coverage.
- Patients requiring prolonged preoperative workups and consultations for significant co-morbid conditions.
If you don’t qualify for our FastTrack program you may still be an excellent candidate for surgery. Many patients will require a slightly longer period of time to comply with their pre-operative required consultations and finalize their required authorizations, as most insurers do require a specific duration, pre-operative, weight-reduction program.
We will help and guide you every step of the way! It is what we do!!
The general FastTrack program is streamlined but mirrors our standard workup process and includes the following steps designed to help prepare you for surgery:
- Attend an informational seminar.
- Initial office visit and pre-op meeting with Dr. Snyder.
- Fulfill all requirements and testing that are needed—see above and “For Physicians Only” tab, above.
- Attend our educational meetings (nutrition classes).
These points are designed to make sure that you are ready to proceed with surgery and have an adequate knowledge of the lifestyle changes that are required to be successful with your weight loss goals.